How To Make Chaas , Indian Buttermilk Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 6902 times
healthy chaas recipe | protein and calcium rich chaas | 2 ingredient chaas recipe | with 7 amazing images.
healthy chaas recipe is a protein and calcium rich chaas made of just 2 ingredients, curd + salt.
A meal without chaas seems so incomplete! This awesome Indian thirst quencher not only tastes good but also aids in digestion. Ummmmm. . . No one can stop with just one glass of this tantalising version of healthy chaas. All you need to make chaas is curd and salt.
It is one of the easiest desi coolants to prepare, and requires just two ingredients and a couple of minutes. It is light and refreshing and tastes best when chilled, so make this Indian buttermilk ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
Tradionally, chaas is made by churning or mixing yogurt and water with madhani also known as whipper. healthy chaas is super easy and quick to make. All you need to do is take curd in a bowl and whisk it. This helps in getting a uniform mixture on blending. We have used homemade curd for the healthy chaas recipe. Add salt. Add cool water and whisk well. If you want room temperature chaas then add normal water. In case you don’t have cold water then add some ice-cubes to make chilled buttermilk. The quantity of water can be increased or decreased as per the consistency you prefer. Our healthy and easy chaas is ready!!
Serve chilled healthy chaas on hot summer afternoons and watch your family’s energy levels rise instantly. However, remember this is more of a day-drink. healthy chaas is basically a yogurt based drink which cools your system from the inside and is known differently in different regions of India. Basically is very famous in Gujarat and Rajasthan.
You can enjoy 2 ingredient chaas with a meal, or even in between when you feel thirsty! healthy chaas is one of the best drinks to sip on when you want to refresh yourself on a hot summer’s afternoon.
As a Gujarati, we prepare and consume chaas with each and every meal. My meal is incomplete without consumption of buttermilk!
Aside from this healthy chaas recipe, try our other chaas recipes like Pudina Chaas, Masala Chaas, Salted Chaas and our Low-Fat Chaas which is perfect for diabetics, heart and weight loss.
Learn to make healthy chaas recipe | protein and calcium rich chaas | 2 ingredient chaas recipe | with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make chaas, combine the curds and salt in a deep bowl and whisk well.
- Add 2½ cups of chilled water and whisk well.
- Serve the chaas chilled.
How To Make Chaas , Indian Buttermilk Recipe recipe with step by step photos
To make healthy chaas recipe | protein and calcium rich chaas | 2 ingredient chaas recipe | take a deep bowl and add curd to it. We have made use of curd made with full-fat milk. To learn how to make thick and creamy curd at home, refer our recipe on how to make dahi.
- With the help of a whisk, beat the curd till smooth. This helps in making a lump-free chaas.
- Add salt to it. Also, you can make use of sanchal if you like.
- Now add 2½ cups of cold water and whisk well till it’s frothy. If you want room temperature chaas then add normal water. In case you don’t have cold water then add some ice-cubes to make chilled buttermilk. The quantity of water can be increased or decreased as per the consistency you prefer. Instead of a whisk you can also make use of a hand blender or traditional Indian wooden whisk i.e mathani to make the chaas.
- Your chaas is ready to serve. If you do not like the mouthfeel of malai from curd then strain the buttermilk before serving.
If you like, you can add some roasted cumin seeds powder to enhance the taste of healthy chaas | protein and calcium rich chaas | 2 ingredient chaas recipe | . Also, many people prefer adding chaas masala or chaat masala that are readily available in the market to enhance the flavor of chaas.
- Many people enjoy their glass of chaas with a zingy tempering, try making this unique Salted Chaas Recipe. Also, you can perk it up with a pudina paste to make Mint Chaas. You can even try Low Fat Chaas as it is very healthy.
- Sour curd can be made at home by adding more culture to the warm milk and keeping it out for a long time after it has set. Also, left over curd can be turned sour by keeping it out of refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours. You can use this to make sour buttermilk. This khaati chaas can be further used to make delightful recipes like khatta dhokla, khatta moong, kadhi etc.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.