Lemongrass and Ginger Drink
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 12816 times
A bunch of ingredients, reputed for their refreshing flavour and aroma, come together to make a really rejuvenating drink.
The spiky taste of ginger, the mild tang of lemongrass and the herby touch of mint make this a treat for all your senses. The natural sweetness of jaggery is a great match for the other ingredients, and a dash of lemon juice helps to highlight all the other flavours.
Enjoy the Lemongrass and Ginger Drink chilled. Do not let it stand for too long because it might get slightly bitter.
Lemongrass also fits beautifully into other recipes like the Lemon Grass and Mint Tea , and Lemongrass and Coconut Soup .
- Combine the lemongrass, mint leaves and 2 cups of water in a deep bowl and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Blend in a mixer along with all the remaining ingredients and 1 cup of water till smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Refrigerate for atleast 1 hour.
- Pour equal quantities of the drink into 3 individual glasses and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.