Lemon Grass and Coconut Soup ( Soups and Salads Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18264 times
A thai soup that is par excellence! known as tom kha gai, this soup like other thai soups is traditionally served out of a soup tureen ensuring that the soup remains hot for long. It is a mildly-flavoured soup combining the creamy texture of coconut milk and the mild tanginess of lemon grass. If you are hosting an outdoor dinner, bring out the tureen and ladle out this delicious soup and serve with croutons - your family and friends will enjoy the experience.
- Grind the lemon grass with 2 tbsp of water and blend in amixer to make a juice. Strain the juice using a strainer and keep aside.
- Add the coconut milk and cornflour and mix well. Keep aside.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a eep non-stick pan and add green chillies, carrots, spring onions, french beans and salt, boil on a slow flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till the vegetables are tender.
- Add the coconut milk mixture and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes or till the soup thicken a little.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and lemon wedges.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||328.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||30.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.