Poha Nachni Handvo
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 104 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49768 times
Super-healthy handvos made of poha and nachni flour, and super-tasty too? Yes, we are not kidding you. Try this for taste, and you will believe us.
Poha is rich in iron, which is required for the formation of new red blood cells that help maintain normal blood circulation and blood pressure. So, we have used a batter of curds, poha and nachni flour, perked up with a traditional tempering and spice powders, not to forget a basketful of tasty and nutritious veggies.
Made with just the right amount of salt, this recipe is ideal for those with high blood pressure. Do not prepare the batter too much in advance as it will release water and make it difficult to make the handvos.
Also, remember that the Poha Nachni Handvo takes time to cook, but you must be patient and cook it on a medium flame.
You can also try other recipes like Healthy Stuffed Luchi and Grilled Sweet Potato .
- Combine the curds and 1½ cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well.
- Add the poha, mix well and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Add the bottle gourd, carrot, green peas, ginger-green chilli paste, sugar, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add this tempering to the poha- curd-vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Add the nachni flour and mix well.
- Divide the batter into 6 equal portions.
- Heat a 100 mm. (4”) diameter non-stick pan and grease it with ¼ tsp of oil. Pour a portion of the batter on it and spread it evenly, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes or till both the sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat step 8 to make 5 more handvos.
- Cut each handvo into 4 equal portions and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per handvo
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.