Gajar Aur Moong Dal ki Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 187 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25274 times
What a splash of colours and flavours! A scrumptious assortment of veggies like carrot, raw mango and spring onions is combined with soaked moong dal, herbs like mint and coriander, as well as peppy spice powders, to make this irresistible Gajar aur Moong Dal ki Chaat. This is a really refreshing chaat as it is made of fresh and juicy veggies, with just a quick and aromatic tempering. Keep this refrigerated till you serve, to retain its crispness.
- Combine the soaked moong dal and enough water in a deep pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Drain and keep aside.
- Transfer the cooked yellow moong dal, carrot, spring onion whites and greens, mango, mint leaves, coriander, chaat masala, dried mango powder and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat a small non-stick pan ,add the mustard seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the yellow moong dal mixture and toss well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.