Gajar ka Halwa, Carrot Halwa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 133 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 87333 times
Many a shortcut there might be, but sometimes the traditional method of making a mithai yields the richest taste! This authentic recipe of Gajar Halwa proves that!
Made with grated carrots, khoya, milk, dry fruits and ghee, this halwa has a divine taste and aroma that take you to another world.
This famous sweet is prepared in households all over India for offering to God on puja days as well as to celebrate festivals and weddings.
Gajar ka Halwa is great on it's own, but to make it more exciting have it with Rabri or Vanilla Ice-cream .
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the carrots, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the mava, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Garnish with almond slivers and serve warm or store refrigerated in an air-tight container till serving.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.