Rava Sheera, Sooji Ka Halwa, How To Make Sooji Halwa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 100 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 799961 times
rava sheera recipe | suji ka halwa | sooji halwa | with 13 amazing images
A wonderful quick Indian dessert, rava sheera can be prepared in minutes. It does not require much advance preparation, and can be whipped up even at short notice. suji ka halwa is traditional, yet modern in its simplicity, making it a sheer delight.
suji ka halwa is made by roasting rava in ghee, then adding milk, water, sugar and nuts which are then cooked on a slow flame for 10 minutes.
I would like to share some important tips to make the perfect sooji halwa. 1. Using warm milk is important as it will help the semolina cook faster. 2. Add 2½ cups of hot water. These liquids will help in cooking the semolina properly. 3. Cover and cook suji ka halwa on a slow flame about 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally. It might take a little more or less time as it depends highly on the quality of the sooji and also the flame on which it is cooked.
rava sheera recipe makes a traditional and delightful combination with puris and chana.
Check our collection of sheera recipes, that apart from semolina are made using varieties of nuts, flours or a combination of flour and fruits and even dals like mango sheera and badam ka sheera.
Enjoy how to make rava sheera recipe | suji ka halwa | sooji halwa | with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make rava sheera, heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the semolina and sauté on a slow flame for 6 to 8 minutes. , while stirring occasionally.
- Add the milk, 2½ cups of hot water, mix well and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, raisins and cashewnuts and mix well. Cover and cook on a slow flame for about 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Serve the rava sheera immediately garnished with cardamom powder, raisins and cashewnuts.
Rava Sheera Video, Sooji Ka Halwa by Tarla Dalal
Rava Sheera, Sooji Ka Halwa, How To Make Sooji Halwa recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.