anjeer halwa recipe | dry figs halwa | anjeer badam halwa |
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 308 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 199712 times
anjeer halwa recipe | dry figs halwa | anjeer badam halwa | with 28 amazing images.
anjeer halwa, also known as dry figs halwa is an amazing Indian dessert recipe that can be made on special occasions. Learn how to make anjeer halwa recipe | dry figs halwa | anjeer badam halwa |
anjeer halwa is a must-try for people who are fond of desserts or halwa in general. Halwa is a classic Indian mithai that is usually prepared for festivals and special occasions. You can impress your guests and family by making this tasty anjeer halwa recipe.
The anjeer badam halwa is a delicious dessert made of puréed figs, powdered almonds and nuts, cooked with ghee and a little bit of sugar to add to the natural sweetness of figs. The almonds and figs complement each other beautifully in flavour and texture, while the milk powder and ghee give a very luxuriant mouth-feel and flavour to this halwa.
Tips to make anjeer halwa: 1. You can use jaggery instead of sugar to make this halwa more healthier. 2. You can add little more water if you want the figs paste to be smooth and not grainy. 3. You can top the halwa with your favourite nuts or have as it is. 4. While re-heating the halwa you add adjust the consistency by adding little water.
Enjoy anjeer halwa recipe | dry figs halwa | anjeer badam halwa | with detailed step by step photos.
- To make anjeer halwa, boil enough water in a saucepan, add the figs, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till they turn soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Drain it using a strainer.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste using approx. ¼ cup of water. Keep the fis purée aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick kadhai, add the powdered almonds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the puréed figs, milk powder, sugar and ½ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve the anjeer halwa hot garnished with almond slivers.
Anjeer Halwa ( Mithai Recipe) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.