by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 81847 times
Walnuts are cooked with rawa, ghee and sugar and flavoured with cardamom to make a delicious, quick and scrumptious halwa.
- Combine ½ cup water and sugar in a deep bowl, mix well and cook till the syrup is made of one string consistency.
- Meanwhile, heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai and add the semolina and sauté over a slow flame for a minute.
- Add the walnuts and cook over a slow flame, stirring continuously, till the mixture turns golden brown. (approx. 15 minutes).
- Add the sugar syrup a little at a time, while stirring continuously and cook on a slow flame till the mixture becomes dry.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a slow flame for another 10 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with walnuts.
- Cook the walnuts on a very slow flame or else they tend to burn and emit an off flavour.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.