Doodhi Halwa, Lauki Halwa Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 49483 times
Doodhi Halwa tops the chart of all-time favourite Indian mithai. Whether you have it cold, right out of the fridge, or warm it up and have it plain or with a topping of ice-cream, Doodhi Halwa is sure to charm you with its rich texture and enticing flavour.
Here, we show you how to make Doodhi Halwa effortlessly using the pressure cooker . You no longer need to keep stirring and cooking the halwa for a long time. Just sauté the grated bottle gourd and mawa, pressure-cook it, and cook again for a few minutes, and voila, your delicious, cardamom-laced halwa is ready to enjoy with a garnish of nuts.
You can also make sweet dishes like Gajar ka Halwa , Lapsi and Banana Apple Porridge .
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker, add the bottle gourd and mawa and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder, 2 tbsp of warm milk and 2 tbsp of hot water, mix well and pressure cook on a high flame for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with almonds and pistachios.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||126.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.