Kharek ka Halwa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27513 times
This Kharek ka Halwa is like nothing you've ever tasted before! The combination of dry dates with full-fat milk gives this halwa a rich and intense texture, while an unusual combination of spices gives it a fabulous aroma and flavour.
Although it is optional to add coriander seeds, we recommend you to, because it gives the Kharek ka Halwa a very special flavour and mouth-feel.
- Combine the kharek and enough hot water in bowl and cover and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Drain, deseed and blend in a mixer till coarse without using any water. Keep aside.
- Heat the milk in a deep non-stick pan for 6 minutes om a high flame, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the kharek mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 25 minutes, while stirring occasionally and scrapping the sides of the pan.
- Heat the ghee in a small non-stick pan, add the coriander seeds and poppy seeds, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously. Add this mixture to the milk-kharek mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, almonds and pistachios and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with almonds and pistachios.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.