Mawa Kesar Roll, Khoya Kesar Roll
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 579 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 67583 times
Another variation of mawa peda which resembles a Swiss roll and is attractive to serve for any festive Occasion like Diwali , Diwali , Dassera .
- Combine the khoya and powdered sugar in a heavy bottomed pan and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously till the sugar has dissolved and the moisture has evaporated (approx. 10 to 12 minutes).
- Remove from the fire and divide the mixture into two equal parts.
- Mix the cardamom powder in one part to make the khoya mixture and allow it to cool completely.
- Add the saffron and food colour to the other part to make the kesar mixture. Mix well and allow it to cool completely.
- Roll out the khoya mixture between two sheets of plastic to form a rectangle of 100 mm. X 150 mm. (4" x 6").
- Roll out the kesar mixture in the same way.
- Place the khoya rectangle on a plastic sheet or cling film.
- Place the kesar rectangle on top of the khoya rectangle.
- Carefully lift one end of the plastic sheet or cling film and roll up the khoya kesar mixtures taking care to see that there are no cracks on the surface.
- Roll cover tightly and refrigerate till firm (approx. 10 minutes) and then remove the plastic sheet or cling film.
- Cover completely with silver leaves and cut into 16 slices.
- Garnish each slice with slivered pistachios.
- VARIATION : MAVA ANJEER ROLL
- Add 4 tablespoons dried figs (anjeer), blanched and pureed to the mava mixture at step 4 in the above recipe.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.