Shakarkand Ka Halwa, Faraal Sweet Potato Halwa Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
शक्करकन्द का हल्वा
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Shakarkand Ka Halwa, Faraal Sweet Potato Halwa Recipe in Hindi)
Added to 57 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 74960 times
An irresistibly sweet dish made from a sweet ingredient! Try this unique halwa made using sweet potatoes, flavoured with cardamom powder and saffron, and enriched with nuts to keep your energy levels high.
Make sure you sauté the sweet potatoes for the recommended time, so that the raw smell goes off, and you get a rich aroma. When you switch off the flame, the halwa should be of a soft, semi-solid consistency and not completely dry.
Check out extensive collection of Faaral recipes .
- Combine the saffron and warm milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a deep non-stick pan, add the sweet potatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk, ½ cup of water, sugar and cardamom powder and mix well. Cook on a slow flam for 2 to 3 minutes or till the mixture has little liquid remaining and not completely dry, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flam, add the saffron-milk mixture and mixed nuts and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Shakarkand ka Halwa Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.