Cheesy Carrot and Celery Cigars
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 117 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18334 times
An exciting snack with a clearly Oriental touch, the Cheesy Carrot and Celery Cigars will make an excellent starter, served simply with chilli sauce. The ingredients filling the cigars are very well planned, so that they work together to excite the taste buds! While soy sauce gives it an inimitable flavour, boiled noodles adds to the volume, and cheese keeps the ingredients together, also imparting an oh-so-gooey texture that everybody loves. Roll up the pattis and keep them ready, but deep-fry just before serving to retain the crispness.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the carrots and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the soya sauce, noodles and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cheese and mix well. Divide the filling into 15 equal portions and keep aside.
- Combine the plain flour and 1½ tbsp. Of water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Cut each samosa patti into 3 to get 75 mm. X 62 mm. (3" x 2½") rectangular pieces. You will get 15 pieces in all.
- Place a piece of the samosa patti on a flat dry surface and place a portion of the filling at one pointed edge.
- Roll each patti towards the opposite pointed edge and stick the edges with a little plain flour-water paste to form a cylindrical shape.
- Repeat with the remaining pattis and filling to make 14 more cigars.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few cigars at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with chilli sauce.
Nutrient values per cigar
|Vitamin A||153.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.