Top 10 Baby Corn Veg Recipes, Indian baby corn recipes
Indian top 10 baby corn recipes. top 10 veg baby corn recipes. Baby corn, once considered a ‘foreign’ veggie, is now available everywhere in India, even in small local vegetable shops. It is available throughout the year, irrespective of season. As a result, baby corn is now used not only in continental recipes, but also in desi recipes ranging from sabzi to pulaos and pakode.
Baby Corn absorbs flavours
Its delightful appearance, with a light-yellowish colour and slender, long form, combined with a pleasing taste and exciting texture, make it a very popular vegetable amongst young and old alike. It has a neutral flavour, which makes it fit into any dish along with any other ingredients. It can absorb flavours reasonably well, and tastes especially good if marinated for a few minutes with salt and spices. Nice and tender baby corn also cooks very fast, which makes it an apt addition to quick dishes like noodles and stir-fries. You can make exciting dishes with baby corn, ranging from snacks and starters to subzis allof which are adapted to Indian taste.
Spicy Stir Fry Noodles in Schezuan Sauce
Indian Recipes using Baby Corn
1. On cold days have a piping hot Spinach and Baby Corn Soup Or How To Make Palak Baby Corn Soup Recipe as an Indian baby corn recipe. Here baby corn roundels are cooked with spinach, simmered in cornflour and milk mixture and then blended till smooth. Enjoy the sweetness of baby corn withouts its chunky texture. Serve it with Garlic Bread to complete the meal.
Spinach and Baby Corn Soup Or How To Make Palak Baby Corn Soup Recipe
2. Enjoy your Pizza with Double Layered Cheese Veggie Crunch Pizza. The uniqueness of this recipe is that two pizza bases, sandwiched with pizza sauce and cheese, are then coated with a crunchy and flavourful veggie topping, which features sun-dried tomatoes for tang and mixed herbs for flavour. Due to the additional layer of cheese, the Double Layered Cheese Veggie Crunch Pizza is a richer and more sumptuous treat than normal pizzas.You will surely remember the taste of this pizza for days.
Double Layered Cheese Veggie Crunch Pizza
3. To add on baby corn to your favourite pasta dish try the Fusilli with Baby Corn and Walnuts or Broccoli and Baby Corn Noodles for an Italian spread using Baby corn.
Fusilli with Baby Corn and Walnuts
4. For an Indian option we suggest you have Palak Baby Corn Subzi with Tandoori Roti. This subzi is for all the health conscious individuals who look forward to a flavourful treat minus too many calories and fat.
Palak Baby Corn Subzi
5. You can also indulge into Baby Corn Paneer Jalfrazie. Treat your taste buds to an exciting mélange of flavours and textures brought about by the interplay of succulent paneer, juicy baby corn and colourful capsicums with a traditional jalfrazie gravy.
Baby Corn Paneer Jalfrazie
6. For kids, one Tiffin option is Baby Corn and Capsicum Rice ( Tiffin Treats). This tempting bright red coloured rice delicacy with a dash of pepper and chilli is easy to make and stays fresh for 4 to 5 hours in a dabba. Try it!
Baby Corn and Capsicum Rice ( Tiffin Treats)
7. Kids find cute little Paneer and Baby Corn Satay very attractive. Marinated paneer, baby corn and capsicum pieces which are strung into toothpicks and and sautéed till brown and aromatic.
Paneer, Baby Corn and Capsicum Satay Sticks
8. The innate texture of baby corn by itself is enough to make Baby Corn Fritters a great hit. Dipped in maida and cornflour mixture they gain a crunchy texture. When served with a spicy sauce like schezuan sauce, this starter is a perfect party indulgence in a exotic way.
Baby Corn Fritters (Chinese Starter)
9. Have you ever tried baby in Indian stuffed parathas? Check this Indian baby corn recipe of Spinach and Baby Corn Paratha. A very unique combination which requires only green chillies as spice. Finely chopped baby corn is a wonderful value-add to the parathas because of its crunchy texture.
Spinach and Baby Corn Parathas
10. Chinese cooking makes use of baby corn too. Here we have modified it to suit Indian palate in the form of Chinese Chilli Baby Corn. This starter is a great beginning to a meal. Its crunchy, exciting texture and vibrant flavour make it popular amongst foodies, especially those who love tongue-tickling, spicy stuff.
Chilli Baby Corn, Chinese Chilli Baby Corn
This article introduces you to 10 such tasty treats, opening the doors to discovering 290 recipes at Baby Corn Recipes.