Chinese Fried Paneer in Hot and Sweet Sauce, Kapi Cho Paneer
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 256 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 34097 times
A tangy, saucy dish with chunky pieces of paneer, which are delightfully succulent inside and excitingly crisp outside! The Chinese Fried Paneer in Hot and Sweet Sauce features a tongue-tickling combination of sauces like tomato ketchup, soy and red chilli sauces, perked up with ginger, garlic, spring onions, and more.
When mixed into this mouth-watering sauce, the deep-fried paneer cubes transform into a peppy dish that will make your mind soar with delight.
Chinese Fried Paneer in Hot and Sweet Sauce makes a fitting accompaniment to Chinese Noodles and Rice Dishes .
- Combine 1 tbsp of cornflour and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Combine the paneer, 1 tbsp cornflour and salt in a deep bowl and toss well.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the paneer pieces and cook till they turn brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper, keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the spring onions, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato ketchup, soy sauce , red chilli sauce and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. While stirring continuously.
- Add the fried paneer pieces, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onions.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.