Tofu in Black Bean Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18992 times
In this exotic dish, melt-in-the-mouth tofu is combined with crunchy and juicy veggies and flavoured with black bean sauce. Red chilli roundels add to the spice quotient of the Tofu in Black Bean Sauce making it a truly rare treat.
The black bean sauce gives the dish a fabulous flavour that you will thoroughly enjoy. Even though we have used firm tofu, it is still very soft and must be handled with care.
You can also try making the Tofu, Broccoli and Red Cabbage Stir Fry and the Chinese Barbequed Tofu with Sesame Noodles .
- Combine the cornflour and ¼ cup of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick, add the tofu and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring it gently.
- Strain it using a strainer and keep aside.
- Heat the sesame oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, capsicum and fresh red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the black bean sauce, soy sauce, sugar and little salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few seconds, while stirring continuously.
- Add the corn flour-water mixture and ¾ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the tofu, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring it occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.