Double Layered Cheese Veggie Crunch Pizza
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 37 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21718 times
Anybody game for a double-decker pizza? If you love such sandwiches, you will love this pizza even more. Two pizza bases, sandwiched with pizza sauce and cheese, are then coated with a crunchy and flavourful veggie topping, which features sun-dried tomatoes for tang and mixed herbs for flavour. Due to the additional layer of cheese, the Double Layered Cheese Veggie Crunch Pizza is a richer and more sumptuous treat than normal pizzas.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum, baby corn, sun-dried tomatoes, chilli flakes, mixed herbs and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the topping into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place a pizza base on a clean, dry surface and spread ¼ cup of pizza sauce and sprinkle ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese evenly over it.
- Place 1 more pizza base over it and spread ¼ cup of pizza sauce and 1 portion of the crunchy vegetable topping evenly over it.
- Finally again sprinkle ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 1 more pizza.
- Place both the pizzas on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 2 more pizzas.
- Cut into equal wedges and serve immediately.
- Soak 10 sun-dried tomatoes in enough hot water for 15 minutes. Drain well and finely chop it.
Double Layered Cheese Veggie Crunch Pizza by Tarla Dalal
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.