Pizza Sauce, Quick Pizza Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 452 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 292060 times
Pizza Sauce is at the heart of a pizza’s success! Tangy and flavourful, it is responsible for giving out that appetizing aroma when the pizza gets baked.
Some like their Pizza Sauce more herby, while others like it more spicy, and yet others prefer a tangy overtone.
This recipe is a balanced one, which has the right amount of everything. Just make sure you choose ripe tomatoes to make this delectable Pizza Sauce.
Apart from pizza, you can use this pizza sauce to make appetizers like Pizza Crackers, Risotto Balls with Pizza Sauce, Pizza Bombs and surprise your friends and family with delightful starters.
Check out our Italian Basic Recipes to learn more basic recipes like homemade Thick Crust Pizza Base , Thin Crust Pizza Base etc to explore more authentic recipes.
Enjoy how to make Pizza Sauce recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make pizza sauce, make criss-cross on the base of the tomatoes and place them in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes or till the skin begins to peel.
- Drain the tomatoes, cool slightly, peel, deseed and roughly chop them and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp. Keep aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Store the pizza sauce in an air- tight container and use as required.
Pizza Sauce Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.