by Tarla Dalal
Added to 62 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50931 times
What a fun way to make use of leftover uttapas ! The Uttapam Pizza is so tasty that your kids will want you to make this every time you make dosa batter.
From onions and capsicum, to pizza sauce and cheese, the Uttapam Pizza has all the basic ingredients that go into your favourite pizza.
Put on your creative caps and make the Uttapam Pizza just the way you want to. Throw in your choice of toppings from pineapples and sweet corn to olives, top it with your own combo of sauces and perhaps a sprinkling of tandoori masala or chaat masala too, and watch an humble uttapam magically transform into an exciting Farm Fresh Pizza or Tandoori Paneer Pizza. The best part is that you don’t even need an oven to prepare this.
Uttapas Stuffed with Green Peas Tricolour Uttapam and Sandwich Uttapa are other exciting ways to make uttapas.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ½ tsp of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter and spread in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6") uttapam and cook on both the sides till light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Place the uttapam on a clean, dry surface, put 2 tbsp of pizza sauce over it and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle little onion and capsicum evenly over it.
- Finally sprinkle 2 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place the uttapam pizza on it, cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 3 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Repeat steps 1 to 6 to make 2 more uttapam pizza.
- Cut into 4 equal pieces and serve immediately.
Uttapam Pizza Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per uttapam pizza
|Vitamin A||332.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||32.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||29.2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.