Italian Pizza Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 9 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9357 times
The sauce is the highlight of the pizza – without the perfect sauce, a pizza is just a glorified open sandwich! While pizza sauce is readily available under several commercial brands, there is nothing that can match the snazzy flavour and fresh aroma of this homemade Italian Pizza Sauce.
Made with common veggies, herbs and seasonings, this easy but tasty sauce can be made and stored in the freezer in an airtight container for at least 15 days. Use it with your favourite toppings to make scrumptious pizzas !
Also try this Homemade Pizza Sauce recipe .
- Combine the tomatoes, onions and garlic in a deep non-stick pan, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the mixture using a strainer.
- Transfer the tomato mixture in to a deep non-stick pan, add the bayleaves, basil, oregano, sea salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely, store in an air-tight container in the freezer. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.