Jain Pizza Sauce
by Tarla Dalal
This recipe has been viewed 3246 times
Here's a classic Italian sauce, which can be enjoyed heartily by Jains as well.
Chunky and warm on the palate, this tangy sauce gives a reverberating burst of flavour to any pizza it is used in.
With the beautiful flavours of tomato and basil coursing through it, this sauce is also blissfully easy to make. It uses common ingredients and doesn't take too long to prepare.
You can use it immediately on store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. In the fridge it lasts for two days, but in the freezer it lasts for at least a month.
Try other mouth-watering Jain recipes like American Chopsuey or Cheesy Pepper Rice.
- Heat the olive oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the tomatoes, mix well and cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the basil, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the oregano, chilli flakes, tomato ketchup, pepper powder, chilli powder, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, let it cool completely, transfer to a mixer and blend till coarse.
- Store in an air- tight container in the freezer. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.