Onion Tomato Uttapam, Tomato Onion Uttapa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 85 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 38970 times
Onion Tomato Uttapam is a sumptuous South Indian snack, often had for breakfast or dinner. It is basically a thick pancake, made with dosa batter and topped with juicy onions and tangy tomatoes.
Green chillies and coriander add to the zesty flavour of this uttapam, making it a really exciting treat for your palate. Take care to press the toppings well into the pancake while cooking, so they do not fall off when you serve the uttapam.
- Combine the dosa batter with little water and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), sprinkle a little water on it (it should sizzle immediately) and wipe off using a piece of cloth.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter on the tava (griddle), spread in a circular motion to make a 150 mm. (6") thick uttapa and cook on a medium flame for a minute.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of onions, 2 tbsp of tomatoes, 1 tsp green chillies, ½ tbsp coriander and little salt and press it lightly using a flat ladle.
- Pour oil on it and over the edges and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 2 more uttapams.
- Serve immediately with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per uttapam
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.