How many calories does one Uttapam Pizza have?
One Uttapam Pizza gives 158 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 71 calories, proteins account for 86 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 43 calories. One Uttapam Pizza provides about 8 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Uttapam Pizza recipes. What a fun way to make use of leftover uttapas ! The Uttapam Pizza is so tasty that your kids will want you to make this every time you make dosa batter.
From onions and capsicum, to pizza sauce and cheese, the Uttapam Pizza has all the basic ingredients that go into your favourite pizza.
Put on your creative caps and make the Uttapam Pizza just the way you want to. Throw in your choice of toppings from pineapples and sweet corn to olives, top it with your own combo of sauces and perhaps a sprinkling of tandoori masala or chaat masala too, and watch an humble uttapam magically transform into an exciting Farm Fresh Pizza or Tandoori Paneer Pizza. The best part is that you don’t even need an oven to prepare this.
Is Uttapam Pizza healthy?
No, this is not healthy due to the usage of raw rice.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin in Onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
2. Capsicum (Bell Peppers) : Rich in vitamin C, capsicum protect and maintain the lining of the heart. Low glycemic index (40) colourful capsicum are immune boosters. Colourful capsicums are not only visually appealing but also good for your eyes too, as they contain antioxidant Lutein, which protects the eye from cataracts and degeneration of the eye. Capsicum is high in Folate or folic acid, which is important for rapid growth and multiplication of red blood cells and white blood cells in the bone marrow. See detailed benefits of capsicum.
3. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
4. Parboiled Rice (Ukda Chawal) : Parboiled Rice is also known as ukda chawal. The parboiled rice is made with the rice grain soaked, steamed and dried with the hull and finally the hull is removed. In the process of steaming water soluble B Vitamins like thiamine, riboflavin and niacin from the bran integrate into the grain, thus making parboiled rice superior to white rice. A smart option to use parboiled rice effectively would be to combine with a pulse to get a high quality protein. A cereal-pulse combo like in case of idli (parboiled rice with urad dal) would serve as a complete protein comprising of all the 9 essential amino acids that your body requires. And then to make up for the fiber, add veggies to your idli and serve it with coconut chutney. Read is white rice and parboiled rice good for you?
What's the problem?
Rice : Here are the pros for rice. Rice is a great source of complex carbohydrates, which is an important source of energy for our body. Rice is low in fibre and therefore a good option for people suffering from diarrhoea. What's not good in rice. Foods like rice are high in Glycemic index are not suitable for weight loss, heart patients, diabetics as they affect the blood sugar control levels. See details of is white rice and parboiled rice good for you?
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Uttapam Pizza?
No, this recipe is not good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. Foods like rice used to make uttapam are high in Glycemic index are not suitable for weight loss, heart patients, diabetics as they affect the blood sugar control levels.
Which is a healthy pizza to have?
Make sure the base of your pizza is healthy and then fix the rest. This bhakri pizza recipe is made from jowar and bajra flour. Then there is the nutritious mini pizza made with low fat cream cheese.
Bhakhri Pizza ( Gluten Free Recipe)
Can healthy individuals have Uttapam Pizza?
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Uttapam Pizza is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
3. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 158 calories that come from Uttapam Pizza?
Walking (6 kmph) = 47 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 16 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 21 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 27 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.