How many calories does one tbsp Pizza Sauce have?
One tbsp Pizza Sauce gives 22 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 10 calories, proteins account for 2 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 10 calories. One tbsp Pizza Sauce provides about 1 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
Click here to view. Pizza Sauce recipe. quick pizza sauce | pizza sauce | pizza sauce with fresh tomatoes.
Pizza Sauce is at the heart of a pizza’s success! Tangy and flavourful, it is responsible for giving out that appetizing aroma when the pizza gets baked.
Some like their pizza sauce with fresh tomatoes more herby, while others like it more spicy, and yet others prefer a tangy overtone.
This quick pizza sauce recipe is a balanced one, which has the right amount of everything. Just make sure you choose ripe tomatoes to make this delectable pizza sauce.
Apart from pizza, you can use this quick pizza sauce to make appetizers like Pizza Crackers, Risotto Balls with Pizza Sauce, Pizza Bombs and surprise your friends and family with delightful starters.
Check out our Italian Basic Recipes to learn more basic recipes like homemade Thick Crust Pizza Base , Thin Crust Pizza Base etc to explore more authentic recipes.
Is Pizza Sauce, Quick Pizza Sauce healthy?
Yes, this is healthy. But restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
2. Onions (pyaz, kanda) : Raw onions are a very valuable source of vitamin C – the immune building vitamin. Along with other phytonutrients from onions, it helps to build WBC (white blood cells) which serves as a line of defence against illness. Yes, it’s a source of many antioxidants, the most important one amongst them being Quercetin. The quercetin which promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. The sulphur in onions act as a blood thinner and prevents blood clotting too. This in turn would lower blood pressure and good for heart, diabetics. Read the benefits of onions.
3. Garlic : Garlic has been proven to lower cholesterol. The active ingredient allicin present in garlic aids in lowering blood pressure. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics. Garlic is great for the heart and circulatory system. Read here for complete benefits of garlic.
4. Olive Oil : Olive oil is a strong antioxidant and good for heart. Also its has anti inflammation properties. Note that its a fat at the end of the day so don't consume too much.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Pizza Sauce ?
Yes, this recipe is good for diabetics, heart and weight loss. This recipe uses fresh ingredients and nothing healthier than homemade pizza sauce. ZERO preservatives added. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend. The quercetin in onions promotes production of HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol in the body. Garlic is also alleged to help regulate blood glucose levels for diabetics.
Usage of sugar in the recipe is so little, that it has no impact on the pizza sauce recipe.
What to use quick pizza sauce with ?
We suggest you use the quick pizza sauce with whole wheat pizza base to make a healthy pizza.
Whole Wheat Pizza Base
Can healthy individuals have ?
Yes, this is healthy.
8 Pointers to get healthy on a Indian diet
1. Eat healthy and say yes to good home cooked food. Prefer whole grains like oatmeal, quinoa, buckwheat, barley and healthy flours like bajra flour, jowar flour, quinoa flour, wheat flour etc. rather than refined ones like maida. Have healthy Indian fats like ghee, coconut, coconut oil in your diet.
2. Opt out of junk food, packaged food, deep fried foods. Prefer steamed snacks and other non-fried snacks. Check out some Healthy Indian Snacks. Remember to eat small frequent meals through the day as that will keep you always full and prevent your blood sugar from dropping. By starving your body through some diet, will not help you one bit. In fact, dieting will make you binge on 2 to 3 meals which is not good.
3. Have 4 to 5 servings of vegetables and 2 to 3 servings of fruit is a must. Follow the logic of a vegetable in each main meal of the day and a fruit in-between meals. Check out a few Healthy Indian Soups and Healthy Indian Salads recipes using this food group.
4. Cut down on sugar and salt in your diet and pick honey ( very small amounts) or dates to sweeten your food. Slowly cut the sugar habit as this is not going to happen over night. Sugar is also called white poison. It is a simple carbohydrate with zero nutritional value. On intake, sugar will cause inflammation of the body which will last for many hours. It will spike your blood sugar level and shut down the fat burning process. This also causes high blood sugar levels in your body. The development of prediabetes comes from uncontrolled eating sugar and refined food products for many years and the classic symptom is if you have excess belly fat. This leads to diabetes and further onwards to heart attack, high blood pressure, strokes, impotence and kidney damage.
Salt and blood pressure. Apart from stress and obesity, one of the main reasons for high blood pressure is excessive sodium and salt intake. Most people find it difficult to limit the amount of salt in their cooking, thinking it will affect the taste of their favourite dishes.
This is not true. Bajra and jowar are rich in potassium and critical for those with High Blood Pressure as it lessens the impact of sodium. Eating more Potassium Rich Foods will remove more sodium from your body through urine. So include the basic bajra roti and jowar roti in your daily diet to have with Lower Blood Pressure Subzis Recipes.
5. Befriend a few healthy seeds and nuts like chia seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, walnuts and almonds.
6. Sprouts are called ‘living food’. They are high is most nutrients and easy to digest as well. Let them feature in your meals at least thrice a week. Also Read : All Benefits about Sprouts.
7. Exercise 45 minutes every day. No excuse. You can walk fast, run, do weights, play your favourite sport or go to the gym. No activity reduces muscle tissue which will lead to muscke loss and all kinds of problems with that.
8. Sleep early and get up early. Get your body into rhythm and it will function best. Sleep helps your body to recover and makes you look much younger. Also getting good sleep prevent muscle loss.
Pizza Sauce is high in
1. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 22 calories that come from Pizza Sauce?
Walking (6 kmph) = 7 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 2 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 3 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 4 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.