How many calories does one serving of Vegan Healthy Lunch Salad have?
One serving of Vegan Healthy Lunch Salad gives 394 calories. Out of which carbohydrates comprise 142 calories, proteins account for 56 calories and remaining calories come from fat which is 199 calories. One serving of Vegan Healthy Lunch Salad provides about 20 percent of the total daily calorie requirement of a standard adult diet of 2,000 calories.
See Vegan Healthy Lunch Salad recipe. This salad is a melange of ingredients with varied textures and tastes, from veggies and mushroom to greens and soaked dal. It is full of antioxidants from capsicum, lettuce and tomatoes, and omega-3 fats from pumpkin seeds.
Is Vegan Healthy Lunch Salad healthy?
Yes, this is healthy, but restrictions apply to some.
Let's understand the Ingredients.
1. Masoor Dal (split red lentils) : 1 cup of cooked Masoor dal gives 19 grams of protein. Being rich in Phosphorus it works with Calcium to build our bones. Masoor dal is rich in Folate, Vitamin B9 or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Masoor dal is is good for diabetics and a healthy heart. See detailed 10 health benefits of masoor dal.
2. Mushrooms : One cup of Mushrooms contain only 18 calories and is safe to be consumed by those who have high blood pressure. Mushrooms has a Glycemic Index of 15 which is very low and is diabetic friendly. The B-vitamins Thiamine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), Niacin (B3), Pyridoxine (B6) and Folic acid (B9) which are present in good amounts in mushrooms are involved in various metabolic reactions in the body. to convert into energy. See the detailed 8 benefits of mushrooms.
3. Cucumber (Kakdi) : With that high water content, cucumber act as a broom for our system to sweep out harmful toxins from our body. The sterols from cucumber aid in managing blood cholesterol levels well and is diabetic friendly. Low sodium and fair amounts of potassium will avoid that elevate blood pressure. See detailed benefits of cucumber.
4. Tomatoes : Tomatoes are extremely rich source of Lycopene. Tomatoes are a powerful antioxidant, super rich in Vitamin C, good for heart. Tomatoes are a Pregnant women's friend and are rich in Folate or Folic Acid which helps your body to produce and maintain new cells, especially red blood cells. Read about 13 amazing benefits of tomatoes.
Can diabetics, heart patients and over weight individuals have Vegan salad ?
No for diabetics as the proteins are high, fats are high. Same for others.
Can healthy individuals have Vegan salad ?
Yes, this is a healthy lunch recipe. This is a meal by iteself.
Vegan Healthy Lunch Salad is high in
1. Protein : Protein is required for the managing the wear and tear of all cells of the body.
2. Folic Acid : Folic acid is an essential vitamin required throughout pregnancy.
3. Vitamin C : Vitamin C is a great defence against coughs and colds.
4. Magnesium : Magnesium is required for formation of bones and teeth. helps in the metabolism of calcium and potassium.
5. Phosphorous : Phosphorous works closely with calcium to build bones.
6. Zinc : Zinc is involved in collagen synthesis and this helps repair skin and helps build immunity.
7. Vitamin B1 : Vitamin B1 protects nerves, helps in carbohydrate metabolism, prevents heart diseases and helps produce red blood cells.
8. Vitamin A : Vitamin A is crucial for healthy vision, cell growth and healthy skin.
9. Fiber : Dietary fiber reduce the risk of heart disease, prevent the spike in blood sugar levels and hence super for diabetics. Consume more fruits, vegetables, moong, oats, matki, whole grains.
10. Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) : Vitamin B2 enables the production of red blood cells that contribute to the rise in your energy levels. So have more milk, curds, eggs and green leafy vegetables.
11. Iron : Iron is essential in the chemical reactions that produce energy from foods. Eat more greens and garden cress seeds to prevent you from being anaemic. Here are the top 7 sources of iron rich foods.
12. Vitamin B3 (niacin) : Vitamin B3 helps in brain functioning and mental health. Also healthy skin formation.
Note : a recipe is deemed high in a Vitamin or mineral if it meets 20% and above the recommended daily allowance based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
How to burn 394 calories that come from Vegan Healthy Lunch Salad?
Walking (6 kmph) = 1hr 58 mins
Running (11 kmph) = 39 mins
Cycling (30 kmph) = 53 mins
Swimming (2 kmph) = 1hr 8 mins
Note: These values are approximate and calorie burning differs in each individual.