Spinach and Baby Corn Soup Or How To Make Palak Baby Corn Soup Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10369 times
Soothing and sumptuous! This Spinach and Baby Corn Soup has a pleasant colour and a rich texture, derived not only from the interplay of spinach and baby corn but also through the addition of milk. Onions, sautéed in butter along with the other ingredients, works well with the nutty taste of spinach and the subtle flavour of baby corn, resulting in a true treat for your palate. As far as possible use freshly milled pepper to garnish your soups and salads, to get the best flavour and aroma.
- Heat the butter in a deep pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and babycorn, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 1½ cups of water, milk, mix well and boil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the prepared cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool a little.
- Blend it using a hand blender till the mixture is smooth.
- Put on flame and boil again for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with pepper powder.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||929.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||5.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||25.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.