Chilli Baby Corn, Chinese Chilli Baby Corn
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15838 times
Chilli Baby Corn has become a taken-for-granted starter on most party menus these days. It is also a popular starter at restaurants.
Its crunchy, exciting texture and vibrant flavour make it popular amongst foodies, especially those who love tongue-tickling, spicy stuff.
Batter-coated and deep-fried baby corn is tossed with an assortment of awesome ingredients, which range from crunchy spring onions and pungent garlic to a splash of Oriental sauces.
Make sure the baby corn is not sliced too thin, or you will lose the lovely crunch. Sure to fire up your digestive juices, this starter is a must-try!
You can also try other recipes like Chilli Paneer or Chinese Barbequed Tofu with Sesame Noodles .
- Combine the cornflour and 2 tbsp of water in a small bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and dip a few babycorn pieces in the prepared batter and deep-fry few at a time till they are light brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies, ginger, garlic, spring onion whites and greens, and celery and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the soy sauce, chilli sauce, vinegar, cornflour-water mixture, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for few seconds, while stirring it continuously.
- Add the deep-fried babycorn, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to minutes, while stirring it continuously.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||334.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||17.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||52.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.