Chinese Barbequed Tofu with Sesame Noodles
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28867 times
The marinade is what makes the Chinese Barbequed Tofu with Sesame Noodles a super-duper hit! With a choice combination of sauces and spices, the marinade gives the tofu an irresistible flavour and unbeatable aroma, especially after being cooked in sesame oil. Together with a few well-chosen veggies, perfectly-cooked noodles, crunchy and aromatic sesame seeds, the tofu gradually transforms into a sumptuous treat that delights your taste buds.
- Combine the tofu and the marinade in a deep bowl, mix gently and keep aside for at least an hour.
- Heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the marinated tofu and toss on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of sesame oil in broad non-stick pan, add the sesame seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the carrots and spring onion whites and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled noodles, soy sauce, sugar, salt, mix well and cook for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the marinated and cooked tofu, mix gently and cook on medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with spring onion greens.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.