Hakka Noodles, Chinese Hakka Noodle Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 261 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 365734 times
An all time favourite! Noodles tossed with garlic and vegetables or any other ingredients of your choice like mushrooms etc.
This celebrated Chinese dish gets its name from the Chinese province of Hakka. It is very quick and easy to make and perfect to serve with a gravy of your choice. . .
- Heat the oil in a deep pan on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the red chillies, cover with a lid and switch off the flame.
- Allow it to cool for some time and strain it using a strainer. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the spring onion whites, garlic and red chillies and sauté on a high flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the carrots, cabbage, capsicum and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the noodles, soya sauce and salt, mix well and toss on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the black pepper powder and 2 tsp prepared chilli oil, mix well and toss on a high flame for another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle spring onion greens and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
Hakka Noodles Video, Veg Hakka Noodles by Tarla Dalal
Hakka Noodles, Chinese Hakka Noodle Recipe recipe with step by step photos
- First let’s make the Chilli Oil, it elevates the taste and flavour of Hakka Noodles.
- On a high flame heat oil in a deep pan till it smokes.
- Add the broken red chillies and wait for a few seconds.
- Then cover the pan with a lid and switch off the flame.
- Let it cool for some time, then strain the oil using a strainer.
- Chilli oil is ready. Keep aside.
- On a high flame heat oil in a wok. Add the finely chopped spring onion whites.
- Then add the finely chopped garlic, broken red chillies and sauté on a high flame for 30 seconds.
- Then add the sliced carrots.
- Add the sliced cabbage.
- Now add the sliced capsicum. Sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled noodles. To the boiled and strained noodles always rub in some oil and keep aside, this helps to keep the noodles separate.
- Add soya sauce, salt to taste and mix well.
- Add a little black pepper powder. If you wish you can use white pepper powder.
- Finally add 2 tsp of the prepared chilli oil, mix well and toss on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Finally sprinkle spring onion greens and toss well. Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.