Kung Pao Vegetables
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 113 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 59840 times
Kung Pao is a popular class of recipes from the Schezuan region. It is basically a stir-fry with a spicy, velvety sauce that combines ingredients like Schezuan sauce and soya sauce.
Here, the Kung Pao is prepared with an exotic and pungent combination of vegetables like capsicums, cubed onions, carrot and broccoli.
While ginger and garlic add more flavour to the Kung Pao Vegetables, a garnish of roasted cashews makes it exciting beyond words.
- Combine the cornflour and 1¼ cups of water in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and ginger and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum, carrot, broccoli and salt and sauté on a high flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the schezuan sauce, soya sauce, sugar, vinegar and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a high flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with deep-fried cashewnuts.
- Do not allow the chillies to burn because, if they burn, they release potent volatile oils which can sting the nose and eyes.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.