by Tarla Dalal
Added to 196 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 123896 times
An all-time favourite Indo-Chinese soup, which is sure to fire up your digestive juices and boost your spirits with its appetizing aroma and tongue-tickling flavour!
The strong accents of ginger and garlic make it an ideal soup to serve on a damp monsoon day. While the soy sauce gives it an awesome Umami flavour, the topping of fried noodles gives it an exciting crunch and makes it a bit filling too.
The Manchow Soup is made with common ingredients, which will be available with anyone who likes Chinese food. It is also easy and relatively quick to make. So you can try it out immediately and see for yourself if it lives up to our praise!
You can also try other recipes like the Sweet Corn and Vegetable Soup or Vegetable and Noodle Soup.
Enjoy how to make Manchow Soup recipe with detailed step by step photos.
- Combine the cornflour and ½ cup of water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic, ginger and spring onions whites and greens and sauté on a high flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, capsicum and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the soy sauce, green chilli sauce, vinegar, pepper and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot topped with spring onions greens and fried noodles.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.