Oriental Stir-fry ( Chinese Cooking )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26943 times
Oriental stir-fry, one of the most popular stir-fries in china is the oriental stir-fry. Traditionally this stir-fry is a mélange of vegetables that is in season. In some parts of china they also add steamed rice and noodles into this stir-fry making it an amazing dish. Cabbage, bean sprouts, broccoli and spring onions are tossed in hot oil infused with chili and garlic and served hot. You could throw in baby corn and other vegetables as well. A great dish as it is low in oil, high on the nutrition scale yet extremely delicious!
- Heat the oil in a wok / kadhai on a high flame till it smokes.
- Add the garlic and red chillies and sauté on a high flame for a few seconds.
- Add the spring onions, celery and bean sprouts and sauté on a high flame for 2 more minutes.
- Add the cabbage, baby corn and broccoli and sauté on a high flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the soya sauce and salt and toss well. Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.