Baby Corn and Capsicum Stir-fry Envelope
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 167 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 94035 times
Suggested serving size for 100 calories: 1 envelope
exotic veggies stir-fried in spicy schezuan sauce make a flavourful filling for whole wheat rotis – a delicious, healthy, meal by itself.
- Combine the flour and salt in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside for 15 hour.
- Knead again using ¼ tsp of oil till it is smooth and elastic.
- Divide it into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion of the dough into a thin circle of 150 mm. (6”) diameter using a little flour.
- Heat a wok / wide iron kadhai upside down on a high flame and when hot, place the roti gently over the wok / kadhai ensuring that no creases form on the surface.
- Cook it till small blisters appear on the surface. Turn over the roti and cook for few more seconds till done.
- Repeat with the remaining dough portions to make 3 more rotis and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok or a non-stick pan, add the spring onion whites and sauté on a high flame for a minute.
- Add baby corn and capsicum and sauté on a high flame for another 2 minutes.
- Add the schezuan sauce and salt and mix well.
- Add the spring onion greens and sauté on a high flame for another 30 seconds.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and keep aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place a roti on a flat on a dry surface.
- Place a potion of the mixture in the centre, fold 2 opposite corners of the roti over the filling, overlapping them slightly. Now fold the remaining 2 sides to seal the stuffing well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the envelope, using 1/8 tsp of oil, till they are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat with the remaining rotis and stir-fry to make 3 more envelopes.
- Serve immediately.
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.