Hot and Sour Soup ( Chinese Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 214 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60232 times
This is one item you cannot miss on the menu card of any Chinese restaurant. In fact, it has become so popular that it is there on almost all restaurant menus and that of buffets and party spreads as well. The famous Hot and Sour Soup is a tongue-tickling combination of sautéed vegetables, in a base of vegetable stock flavoured with Oriental sauces. The interplay of flavours and the exciting intervention of crunchy vegetables makes this soup a blockbuster hit.
- Combine the cornflour and ½ cup of water in a bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over a high flame, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, spring onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, vinegar, soya sauce, chilli sauce, coriander, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.