by Tarla Dalal
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41853 times
Game to sink your teeth into a mouth-watering all-in-one paratha? This Carrot Paratha perfectly matches that description.
The sweet taste of carrots perked up with crunchy onions and spicy ingredients like ginger and green chillies makes these whole wheat parathas truly awesome.
After you knead the dough make the paratha immediately; else the onions will release water and make the dough sticky and difficult to roll. Serve the Carrot Paratha hot and fresh with curds.
Also try other yummy recipes like Paushtic Parathas or Cabbage and Dal Parathas .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a 150 mm. (6”) diameter circle using a little wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it, using 1 tsp of oil, till brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 5 more parathas.
- Serve hot with fresh curds.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.