Spinach and Paneer Cream Cracker Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 28 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20184 times
The Spinach and Paneer Cream Cracker Snack is guaranteed to delight one and all; the continental food lover and the desi foodie as well. Crispy cream crackers are first topped with a luscious mixture of spinach in white sauce, and then with a tongue-tickling mix of paneer and sweet corn flavoured in Indian style with dry mango powder and coriander. This exciting arrangement is then topped with mozzarella cheese and baked till the cheese melts and fuses the two contrasting toppings together into one thrilling snack!
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, till the sauce thickens, while stirring continuously.
- Add the spinach, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chilies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the paneer and corn, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the dried mango powder, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another minute. Keep aside.
- Arrange the cream cracker biscuits evenly on a baking tray and put 1 tbsp of the spinach filling on each cream cracker biscuit.
- Top with 2 tbsp of the paneer filling and sprinkle ½ tsp of cheese one each cream cracker.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per cracker
|Vitamin A||742.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0 mg|
|Vitamin C||4.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||16.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.