Carrot and Cheese Toast, Carrot and Cheese Fingers
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 79 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41699 times
Grated carrot and cheese make fantastic toppings for toasted bread as they contrast beautifully with each other in colour and flavour, and fuse so beautifully with each other and with the toast when baked!
The well-matched flavours of carrot and cheese are enhanced by the addition of a little tomato ketchup, which contributes an element of tanginess to this quick and easy Carrot and Cheese Toast. Enjoy this snack as soon as it is ready.
When kids come home hungry serve this quick and ideal finger food that is a filling snack as well.
- Combine the carrot, ¼ cup of cheese, butter, tomato ketchup and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Spread a portion of the mixture on each bread slice, spread it evenly over it.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese evenly over it.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200° c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Cut each toast into 3 equal pieces.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per finger
|Vitamin A||216.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.