Quick Carrot Dhokla ( Tiffin Treats)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 16115 times
Readymade idli batter, with a little alterations, acts as a neat quick-fix for dhoklas! With some carrots mixed into it, it gets a little colourful too. Served with green chutney, you get a nice contrast as well! All of this makes the Quick Carrot Dhokla quite attractive to moms and kids as a tiffin treat. It stays fresh and soft in the dabba for at least 5 hours, and all kids are sure to enjoy it. Also pack some Chatpata Pomegranate ( Tiffin Treats) in another tiffin for a perfect short break combo.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7") diameter thali using a little oil. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl along with approx. 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Just before steaming, sprinkle the fruit salt over the batter and pour 1 tbsp of water evenly over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Divide the batter into 2 equal portions.
- Pour one portion of the batter immediately into the greased thali and tilt the thali clockwise to spread it evenly to make an even layer.
- Sprinkle a little chilli powder evenly over it and steam in a steamer for 10 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Brush little oil on top, cool slightly and cut into diamond shaped equal pieces.
- Repeat steps 6 to 8 to make 1 more thali.
- Allow it to cool completely, pack in an air-tight tiffin box, with the green chutney in a separate air-tight box.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||256.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.