Steamer recipes | 155 Indian steamer recipes
Indian steamer recipes collection. A steamer is an essential equipment in which food can be steamed. Steamed food has little or no oil, and is considered a healthy choice. A steamer is generally a sealed vessel in which the lower part contains water and the upper part contains foods to be steamed.
It is heated over a stove to produce steam and cook the food. A steamer may also be electrically-powered.
Have a go at some delectable steamed foods like the
1. Cooked Rice Idli,
Cooked Rice Idli
2. Dhokla Sushi with Carrots,
Dhokla Sushi with Carrots
3. Doodhi Muthia,
Doodhi Muthia ( Non - Fried Snacks )
4. Kothimbir Vadi and
Gujarati breakfast recipes made in steamer
A cup of masala chai with fluffy dhoklas is indeed an ideal Gujarati breakfast. Khatta Dhokla, an all-time favourite snack made by fermenting a mix of rice flour and urad dal in curd has a tempting sourness.
Khatta Dhokla Using Homemade Flour
Serve it with peppy green chutney and spicy garlic chutney or simply sprinkle the dhokla thali with chili powder or pepper powder before steaming and enjoy them as it is! If you are looking for a quick fix then try steaming dhoklas with readymade batter.
Instead of rice, you can use dals or oats. You can fortify the batter with the addition of chopped leafy vegetables. Also, a simple tempering of mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafetida enhances the taste. Here is a list of some of my favorite dhokla recipes :
1. Mag Na Dhokla
Mag Ni Dal Na Dhokla
2. Chola Dal Dhokla
Chola Dal Dhokla
3. Makai ka Dhokla
Makai ka Dhokla
Muthiya and Patra are other Gujarati delights that are steamed and tempered. Muthiya is generally made by combining together a myriad of flour, vegetables and spices & shaping them into cylindrical rolls.
Patra, Gujarati Patra, Alu Vadi
They are quite nourishing and delicious.
1. Palak Methi Muthia,
Palak Methi Muthia
2. Mooli Muthia,
3. Karela Muthias are some variants that make a very satiating snack.
Idli, Steamed South Indian recipes
1. Soft and spongy idli with piping hot sambhar and coconut chutney is my favorite breakfast and I am sure it is for many people.
Rice and Moong Dal Idli
2. You can even stuff them with a mixed vegetable stuffing or a flavorful mixture of spinach and onions to make tasty Veg stuffed idli and
3. Stuffed Spinach Idli. These variants do not require any accompaniments, you can enjoy them hot from the steamer.
Stuffed Spinach Idli
4. Boost your mornings with healthy, power-packed breakfast dishes like Palak Chola Dal Idli,
Palak Chola Dal Idli, Breakfast Recipe
5. Multiflour Idli
Multi Flour Idli, Healthy Multi Grain Idli
6. Green Moong Dal and Vegetable Idli.
Green Moong Dal and Vegetable Idli, Healthy Moong Dal Idlis
Enjoy our collection of 155 Steamer recipes.
Refrigerator (242 recipes)
Sizzler tray (22 recipes)
Tava (1077 recipes)
Toaster (20 recipes)
Waffle Iron (15 recipes)