by Tarla Dalal
Added to 311 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 41271 times
Karela and flour dumplings that are enlivened with the addition of onions and garlic to make a delicious breakfast. This recipe makes use of karelas and garlic, the two ingredients that are said to be diabetic friendly as they help to maintain the blood sugar levels. Serve them hot, along with Low Calorie Green Chutney.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using little water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions and shape each portion into a cylindrical roll of 150 mm. (6") in length and 25 mm. (1") in diameter.
- Steam the rolls in a steamer for 15 minutes or till the knife comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and slice the muthias into 12 mm ( ½”) pieces and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle add asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the muthia pieces, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with green chutney.
- While grating the bitter gourd, start grating without peeling and avoid including the white portion and seeds inside it.
Karela Muthia (Diabetic Friendly Recipe) Video of Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.