Rice and Moong Dal Idli
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 340 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 199469 times
rice and moong dal idli | rice and green gram idli | rice and green moong dal and urad dal idli| with 30 amazing images.
Rice and Moong Dal Idli is a variant of the most popular South Indian snack, idli, which is traditionally made with rice and urad dal.
The well-tested proportions of rice and green moong dal used in this Rice and Moong Dal Idli recipe result in a pleasant texture, taste and colour, which will be loved by all your family members.
It is a nutritious, protein-rich Rice and Moong Dal Idli, further enhanced with vitamin-rich vegetables. Works well for breakfast or an evening snack.
This is a slightly heavier Rice and Moong Dal Idli because of the presence of green moong dal. You need to oil your idli moulds well, so that the Rice Green Moong Dal Idli comes out clean after steaming. Have a look at our collection of veg steamed recipes.
Serve the Rice and Moong Dal Idli immediately with Sambhar and chutney.
Enjoy how to make Rice and Moong Dal Idli recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make rice and moong dal idli, soak the rice and green moong dal in a deep bowl with enough water for 2 hours.
- Soak the urad dal and fenugreek seeds in a deep bowl with enough water for 2 hours.
- Drain the rice and green moong dal mixture and blend in a mixer using approx. ½ cup of water till smooth.
- Drain the urad dal-fenugreek seeds in a mixer using approx. 5 tbsp of water till smooth.
- Transfer both the mixtures into a deep bowl, add the salt and mix very well.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment for 8 hours. Once fermented mix it very well.
- Put a little batter into each greased idli mould and steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- Cool the rice and moong dal idli slightly, demould and serve immediately with sambhar and chutney.
Rice and Moong Dal Idli recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values per idli
|Energy|| 36 calories|
|Protein|| 1.6 gm|
|Carbohydrate|| 7.2 gm|
|Fat|| 0.1 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.8 gm|
|Vitamin A|| 60.3 mcg|
|Acid|| 7.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.