Stuffed Spinach Idli
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 159 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 20823 times
Traditional idlis get a facelift with this exciting spinach stuffing! A flavourful and colourful mixture of spinach and onions is cooked between layers of idli batter to make a spongy, tasty delight that combines beautifully with chutney and sambhar. Make sure the spinach mixture is completely cool before steaming it; otherwise it might get soggy and spoil the texture of the Stuffed Spinach Idli. Enjoy this delicacy hot and fresh, for a memorable breakfast!
- Heat the butter and oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the green chillies and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely. Keep aside.
- Grease the idli moulds using little oil, put 1 tbsp of the spinach mixture in each mould and top it with half a ladle of the idli batter evenly over it.
- Repeat step 1 to fill 15 more idli moulds.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 minutes or till the idlis are cooked.
- Repeat with the remaining batter and stuffing to make 8 more idlis in 1 more batch.
- Serve hot with sambhar and coconut chutney.
Nutrient values per stuffed idli
|Vitamin A||1172.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||25.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.