Moong Sprouts and Rice Tikki
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26840 times
Moong sprouts have a crisp texture, and slightly sweet nutty taste that fit well into any recipe. Bound together by cooked rice and flavoured with fresh mint, green chilli paste and lemon juice, the moong sprouts make an excellent dough for succulent tikkis. Cooked with minimal oil on a tava, the Moong Sprouts and Rice Tikki turns out into a perfectly golden, crisp snack that is further pepped up with a sprinkling of chaat masala, and served with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
- Blend the moong sprouts in a mixer to a coarse mixture, without using any water.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the sprouted moong mixture, in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter flat round tikki.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using a little oil.
- Cook the tikkis on a medium flame using a little oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Sprinkle a little chaat masala on top and serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Nutrient values per tikki
|Vitamin A||69.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.