Potato and Methi Tikki with Chole
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 650 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26413 times
Tikki with chole is an evergreen favourite with street food lovers. Here, we take that popular combo to an unexplored plane of culinary enjoyment. Bursting with the flavour of fenugreek leaves and green chillies, these special Potato and Methi Tikkis feature cheese for added flavour and a pleasurably chewy texture. Topped with tangy, spicy Chole and crunchy onions, the tikkis create a flawlessly perfect snack that everybody will relish, whether at a party or any other day for that matter.
- Combine the potatoes, fenugreek leaves, green chillies, cornflour and salt in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 8equal portions and shape each portion into small rounds.
- Press a little in the centre of each round to make a depression.
- Put 1 cube of cheese in each and close. Mould the mixture to form a tikki.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the tikkis with oil till they turn on golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Divide the chole into 4 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Place 2 tikkis on a serving plate, put 1 portion of the chole evenly over it.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of onions evenly over it.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 3 more plates.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.