Instant Jalebi, Quick Jalebi Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 198060 times
instant jalebi recipe | quick jalebi | homemade instant jalebi | instant jalebi without eno |
instant jalebi recipe | quick jalebi | homemade instant jalebi | instant jalebi without eno are so quick to make that you would never have thought that jalebis can be made so easily! Learn how to make homemade instant jalebi.
To make instant jalebi, first we need to make the sugar syrup. Combine the sugar with 1/3rd cup of water together in a deep pan and cook on a medium flame till the sugar dissolves and is of 1 thread consistency. Add saffron-milk mixture and rose water and mix well. Keep the syrup aside. It should remain warm. Then combine sieved plain flour and baking powder with curds-water mixture and whisk well. Heat some ghee in a broad non-stick pan. Fill the jalebi batter into a piping bag with a single hole nozzle. Press out round whirls of the batter into the hot ghee working closely from outside to the centre of the whirl. Deep fry the jalebis till golden brown in colour from both the sides. Immediately add to warm sugar syrup and keep soaked for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle cardamom powder and serve warm.
Born in the North only to become famous all over India, the homemade instant jalebi has a somewhat chewy texture with a crystallized, semi-fermented, sugary exterior coating, which contributes to the unique flavour of this dish.
The USP of these quick jalebi is there is no need to ferment the batter. Moreover, they are not made with eno or fruit salt. It’s the curd used in this recipe that works its magic.
While making these homemade instant jalebi, remember to keep the syrup warm. Keep stirring the sugar syrup continuously till you reach 1 thread consistency. Do not over cook the sugar syrup. Also ensure that you immerse the jalebi in warm syrup immediately after frying so they soak the sugar syrup well. Do not over soak them. 2 to 3 minutes is enough.
- 1. Combine the sugar with 1/3rd cup of water together in a deep pan and cook on a medium flame till the sugar dissolves and is of 1 thread consistency, while stirring continuously. Keep the syrup warm.
- 2. Combine the saffron with warm milk and rub it lightly till the saffron dissolves.
- 3. Add the rose water to it and mix well. Add this saffron mixture to the sugar syrup and mix well. Keep aside.
- To make instant jalebi, sieve the flour with baking powder and keep aside.
- Combine the curds with 1/3 cup of water in a bowl and whisk well.
- Add the flour and make a thick batter, making sure that no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad saucepan (the pan should be approximately 25 mm. (1") deep).
- Fill the jalebi batter into a piping bag with a single hole nozzle. Alternatively, use a plastic bottle with a small hole in the lid to fill the batter.
- Press out round whirls of the batter into the hot ghee working closely from outside to the centre of the whirl [approximately 50 mm. (2") diameter].
- Deep-fry the jalebis till golden brown from both the sides and transfer immediately into the warm sugar syrup.
- Drain after 2 to 3 minutes and serve the instant jalebis hot sprinkled with cardamom powder.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.