Multi Flour Idli, Healthy Multi Grain Idli
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 17638 times
multi flour idli recipe | healthy multi grain idli |
multi flour idli recipe is a healthier version than traditional idli as there is no parboiled rice used in the recipe. healthy multi grain idli is made from urad dal, bajra flour, whole wheat flour, ragi flour and jowar flour.
This easy-to-make Multiflour Idli has a fabulous, rustic flavour and interesting texture that you will enjoy thoroughly at any time during pregnancy .
A batter of soaked and ground urad dal combined with wholesome flours like bajra, nachni and whole wheat, gives us perfect multi flour idli that replenish your calcium stores and give you good quality protein as well. Enjoy these multi grain idlis hot and fresh, right out of the steamer, because they might get a little hard upon cooling.
Let’s see why this is a healthy multi grain idli? Bajra flour is high in protein and is a complete protein for vegetarians when combined with dal. So as a Vegetarian, include bajra in your diet. Jowar flour is a complex carb and will be absorbed slowly in the blood stream and not cause a spike in insulin. Ragi flour is high in protein and great source for vegetarians. In addition its gluten-free, fiber rich food which in turn is good for diabetics and a healthy heart. So multi flour idli is perfect for weight, diabetics and healthy living.
Serve multi flour idli with sambar.
- Combine the urad dal and fenugreek seeds in a deep bowl and soak it in enough water for 2 hours.
- Drain well and blend in a mixer till smooth using approx. ¾ cup of water.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the bajra flour, jowar flour, ragi flour, whole wheat flour, salt and approx. 1¾ cups of water and mix very well using a whisk. Cover with a lid and keep aside to ferment overnight.
- After fermentation, mix the batter well once again and pour spoonfuls of the batter into greased idli moulds.
- Steam in an idli steamer for 10 minutes or till they are cooked.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more idlis.
- Serve immediately with sambhar.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per idli
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.