Top 20 IPL Indian Snacks, Cricket Match Mania Veg Snacks
Cricket is a game which people across the world enjoy. Especially with the whole country glued to their television to enjoy the Indian Premier League (IPL) with friends and family, we thought of making your enjoyment double by putting together some exciting snacks you can enjoy during the cricket match.
1. The most famous snack people turn to during an interesting cricket match is popcorn. How about making it quickly in 4 minutes? Yes, that’s possible with a microwave. Try the Microwave Popcorn made in Bowl. Toss some corn kernels in butter and pop them in a microwave. These are salted butter popcorn, but if you wish you can add peri-peri masala or cheese powder in the butter to make a flavour of your choice.
Microwave Popcorn Made in A Bowl
2. Another dry snack which most of us would love to indulge in is Yellow Banana Chips. These can be made in bulk before the match starts and stored in an air-tight container to enjoy non-stop game.
Yellow Banana Chips, Banana Wafers, Raw Banana Wafers
Native to the region of Kerala and Tamil Nadu where yellow bananas are available all year round, these are now made in every states and cities of India. You can also try other dry snacks like Chakli and Kolhapuri Bhadang Murmura,
Kolhapuri Bhadang Murmura, Spicy Puffed Rice Chivda Recipe
3. Maggi is loved by one and all, quickly toss in little Indian spices and vegetables to make a delicious Masala Maggi. This Mumbai street style masala maggi noodles makes use of garam masala along with Maggi masala powder which lends it a truly interesting Indian flavour.
Vegetable Masala Maggi, Masala Maggi Noodle
4. We often land up ordering burgers and pizza to double up our amusement of watching IPL. You can make a Quick Oven Tava Bread Pizza at home too! Make pizza sauce in advance, spread it on toasted bread slice, sprinkle some cheese and let it bake in oven for 10 minutes. Within 2 overs your snack would be ready on the table.
Indian Bread Pizza, Quick Oven Tava Bread Pizza
5. Craving for vada pav and wanting it to be ultra hygienic? There is no better way than making batata vada pav at home. Mumbai’s very own burger, Mumbai style Vada Pav, cannot be forgotten on any occasion then why IPL? The aloo vada mixture can be kept ready and then deep-fried and served hot while watching the most interesting part of the IPL match.
Vada Pav, Mumbai Roadside Recipe
6. Looking for a peppy Chinese flavoured snack? We have Chinese Bhel for you to try. Crispy fried noodles tossed with a generous dose of sauces and crunchy veggies is one of the easiest and quickest snack you can make during a cricket match.
Chinese Bhel ( Chinese Recipe )
7. Sandwich lovers can also be ready with pre-preps and quickly bring together all the ingredients and make a variety of delights. Hot grilled sandwich is more like a snacky meal. Some prefer to enjoy it as a dinner too. Potato Cheese Grilled Sandwich is slightly easier and hassle-free than the jumbo grilled sandwich.
Potato Cheese Grilled Sandwich
The aroma that wafts out of the sandwich griller when this potato cheese grilled sandwich cooks just makes you drool! But if you wish you can also try Veg Grilled Sandwich.
Vegetable Grill Sandwich
8. For all the paneer fans, we have the famous Paneer Pakora. It is moist and soft on inside and crisp outside, unlike other pakoras. A hot chilli sauce or Schezuan sauce is one the best accompaniments to this snack. Kids can enjoy it with tomato ketchup.
Paneer Pakoda, Punjabi Paneer Pakora Recipe
9. Cheese Balls are truly irresistible. It is a starter that always tops the charts! It is a great hit with everybody, all thanks to the cheesy mouth-feel and peppy flavour. Here we have made an easier version by using bread crumbs. This quick snack is ready in 15 minutes. These are one of the best pop-up snack for an IPL.
Cheese Balls, Veg Starter
10. French Fries and cricket seem to have tied the knot! Made with only 3 ingredients which are easily available at home, this is one snack which doesn’t need much planning. You can start making it anytime when hunger strikes during the IPL match. Watch our step-by-step images to learn how to make the perfect French fries – restaurant style. You can also try Masala French Fries.
Masala French Fries
11. If you want to know the meaning of super-crisp, try these yummy Kanda Bhaji, which are both flavourful and crunchy. Served with 3 chutneys – khajur imli ki chutney, green chutney and red garlic chutney, it is very difficult to stop munching on these bhajiyas.
Kanda Bhaji, Pyaz Ke Pakode, Kanda Bhajiya
12. Crunchy and masaledar, this is an ideal starter for serving while enjoying cricket match! Nobody refuses Masala Papad, because it is light and appetizing, ensuring that you have enough place in your tummy for the upcoming meal.
13. You little cricket champs would like to dig into Potato Smileys. If you see a frown on your kid’s face, this is the best potato smiley recipe to put the smile back! The potato smiley is an all-time favourite kids’ recipe.
14. Bhakarwadi the all-time favourite Maharashtrian dry snack, can be enjoyed as it is with tea. But, it gets even more exciting when served as a Quick Bhakarwadi Chaat, where it is tossed together with crisp, juicy veggies, spice powders and sev. While most chaats call for a variety of chutneys and advance pre-preps , this chaat is much easy to assemble and serve.
Quick Bhakarwadi Chaat
15. Elders and senior citizens who prefer soft and easily chewable food can opt for South Indian dishes like idli and rice appe with piping hot sambhar and coconut chutney.
In fact, you can make idli in advance and reheat them in a microwave whenever you want to eat.
16. You can even keep a potato stuffing, masala water and half cooked roti ready before the match begins. Quickly roast the roti and assemble with tongue-tickling stuffing, tangy water, crunchy onions to make the Veg Frankie.
Veg Frankie, Mumbai Roadside Recipe
17. Baby Corn Fritters is yet another appealing snack for a match day. A quick crunchy snack which is perfect to try when you are tired of everyday snacks. Serve it with a spicy sauce to double up your match excitement.
Baby Corn Fritters (Chinese Starter)
18. Fried Mozzarella Sticks is sure to not disappoint anyone in terms of its appeal, taste, texture and aroma. Ready in just 10 minutes, it is one of the easiest and fascinating snack to serve on to liven up any dampen spirits on IPL match day.
Fried Mozzarella Sticks
19. Some households are used to making batches of dry snacks and storing a day prior to the match. If you are one amongst them, then do give a try to Aloo Bhujia. Made with a dough of mashed potatoes, besan and rice flour, the Aloo Bhujia has a melt-in-the-mouth texture.
Aloo Bhujia, Potato Sev, Jar Snack
With a perfect blend of spices, this recipe gives you an authentic flavour just like what you get in the market. Enjoy it with a cup of hot Elaichi tea.
Elaichi Tea, Indian Cardamom Tea, Elaichi Chaa
20. How can we forget mentioning about Roasted Corn on the Cob while watching our favourite cricket players playing IPL. This is roasted on an open fire and drizzled with butter and spices! A squeeze of lemon is a must to boost the flavour of this yummy snack, as it helps to highlight the salty and spicy notes well, not to forget the subtle sweetness of the corn itself.
Roasted Corn On The Cob, Mumbai Roadside Monsoon Bhutta
Enjoy your cricket match on a full stomach.