Potato Cheese Grilled Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40832 times
A chatpata sandwich that is perfect for the desi palate! The best part about this sandwich is that is captures the best of both worlds – tongue-tickling spices and gooey cheese too. This sandwich holds potato slices and cheese spiced up with chaat masala and green chutney.
The aroma that wafts out of the sandwich griller when this Potato Cheese Grilled Sandwich cooks just makes you drool, and the resulting amalgam of spices, potatoes and cheese housed within the crisp grilled sandwich is just mind-blowing!
- Place 4 bread slices on a clean, dry surface and spread 1 tsp of the butter and 1 tsp of green chutney on each bread slice.
- On each of the two bread slices, arrange 4 potato slices and sprinkle some chaat masala and salt evenly over it.
- Place a cheese slice over it and sandwich it with another bread slice with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards.
- Again spread 1 tsp butter on the sandwiches and press it lightly.
- Place both the sandwiches in a greased and pre-heated sandwich griller and grill it for 4 to 5 minutes or till the sandwiches turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 to make 2 more sandwiches.
- Cut each sandwich into 2 pieces diagonally using a sharp knife.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Potato Cheese Grilled Sandwich Video by Tarla Dalal
Potato Cheese Grilled Sandwich recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values per sandwiche
|Vitamin A||1030.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||19.5 mg|
|Folic Acid||4.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.