Bread Dhokla, Instant Bread Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11996 times
The Bread Dhokla is a quick-fix dhokla that is easy, convenient and tasty. Made with a batter of bread crumbs and rava perked up with the usual flavour-givers like green chillies and ginger, the Bread Dhokla tastes so good and so much like the authentic dhokla that nobody can guess that it is made of bread unless you tell them.
A traditional tempering adds to the authenticity of the dhoklas making it very appealing. Make sure you serve it immediately with green chutney to enjoy the nice, soft texture.
You can also try other recipes like the Methi Moong Dal Dhokla or Instant Corn Dhokla .
Add your private note
Bread Dhokla, Instant Bread Dhokla recipe - How to make Bread Dhokla, Instant Bread Dhokla
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 3 servings
- Combine bread crumbs, semolina, curds, ginger-green chilli paste, chilli powder, ½ tbsp oil, salt and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Just before steaming, add the fruit salt and add 2 tsp of water over it and mix gently.
- Pour batter in a greased 175 mm. (7") diameter thali and spread it to make an even layer.
- Steam the dhoklas for 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked. Cool slightly.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbsp of oil in a small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the prepared dhokla and cut into square pieces.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||119.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||1.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.